Saturday, August 28, 2010

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted

Fell into a gaming fever for the past three days. This happens once in a while and I loved this quote from it and I had to share. This makes the time put into this game well worth my while :P Hope you get something out of it.

Silenzio, silenzio...Twenty-two years ago, I stood where I stand now- and watched my loved ones die, betrayed by those I had called friends. Vengeance clouded my mind. It would have consumed me, were it not for the wisdom of a few strangers who taught me to look past my instincts. They never preached answers, but guided me to learn from myself. We don't need anyone to tell us what to do. Not Savonarola, not the Medici. We are free to follow our own path. There are those who will take that freedom from us, and too many of you gladly give it. But it is our ability to choose- whatever you think is true- that makes us human...There is no book or teacher to give you the answers, to show you the way. Choose your own way! Do not follow me, or anyone else.
―Ezio Auditore to the people of Florence.

This makes me realize that I should implement the knowledge I have acquired regarding the human psyche by making people aware of their instincts. Then and only then can people learn to look past their instincts. Looking past societal and traditional views is my hallmark and it was uplifting to hear this in a game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6-7DsrVVzQ

No comments:

Post a Comment