Thursday, March 24, 2011

Moving On

My heart is heavy as I post this. I just got done shipping 9 CDs after putting up 42 for sale on Amazon.com. It's not because I don't enjoy these CDs anymore and it's not because I needed the money but it's a part of my attempt to change my life around.

For half of my life, I have been listening to heavy metal. It was the one thing I was able to relate to when I was 13 and I've developed a bond with those crazy european bands (and some American bands), many of which have not gotten much recognition in the U.S. but are icons in South America and Japan. These bands shaped me. Some of these songs have moved me to the very core of my soul and, mind you, I do not use these words lightly. This music was not a mere hobby or something that was considered past time but was, rather, a way of life. This music defined me and letting go is actually a painful process. For anyone who has never developed such a connection with music, then you will brush this off as a dramatic city boy who doesn't have much problems in his life, unlike the starving children in Africa or the Japanese Victims in the recent tragedy that has claimed so many lives. I will say this to you though: I do feel for anyone who did not experience such a powerful bond with music. My only wish was that I could've developed a connection with music that was, at the very least, neutral in context rather than negative and sorrowful so I would haven't had to get rid of them.

I remember at some point in my late teens, I told myself that if I wasn't feeling down then this shouldn't affect me. "It's the musician who were down, not I!" I would tell myself to justify what I was doing. Then I studied Psychology and learned how the subconscious is constantly at play whether we like it or not. How else would subliminal messages work? How do affirmations work? What is an affirmation? Constantly bombarding the subconscious with thoughts and ideas till they have an affect on your reality. This is no different.

After discovering hypnotherapy and how the subconscious is a lot more impactful than I realized, there was no turning back and the thought of what kind of sounds I expose myself kept getting more and more noticeable that I had to do something about it. This music could go as far as shaping a person's reality. After all, life is dependent on one's perception and perception is shaped by everything we're exposed to. Reality is nothing but a perception by an individual. This is why a person can believe that life is beautiful when his room mate who may eat the same food, goes to the same job can see life as awful.

Then I studied energy, and I found out that everything emits a vibe that affects its surrounding. As much as modern day science couldn't quantify what was happening, it doesn't take away from the fact that things do happen that can't be boiled down to a beautifully comprehensible algorithm. It's just not the way life works, but the proof is in the pudding. I found out about this doctor from Japan, the late Dr. Masaru Emoto and his discovery was definitely an eye-opening experience. The man exposed containers of purified water to written words, spoken words, music, and symbols then froze the water while taking microscopic photos of the crystals that formed. It's amazing how lifeless things such as a piece of paper with words on it can affect another lifeless thing such as water and how it crystalizes. Check the following video for details

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpnlCo5APrE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAvzsjcBtx8

Now there was more than just sciences showing me how profound can a simple decision such as playing a CD can affect one's environment and body chemistry. Hence, I made my decision.

Isn't it amazing how profound one simple act can have on one's life? How many people think that something so simple can be so impactful? Now that you might see it the way I do, imagine how many other simple things in your everyday life can have such a profound impact on your entire being? How much do we take things for granted? Think about it

No comments:

Post a Comment